Reims – « (Re)-constructions » – 1, 2, 3 juin 2017
Dans le cadre du prochain congrès de la S.A.E.S. qui se tiendra les 1er, 2 et 3 juin 2017 à l’Université Champagne-Ardenne de Reims, l’atelier de la Société Française d’Etudes Victoriennes et Edouardiennes (SFEVE) accueillera des communications sur le thème retenu, à savoir « (Re)constructions ».
The SAES general theme of “(Re)constructions” is an opportunity to reflect on the ways in which the Victorian and Edwardian age was a period of transition and experimentation in many different fields ranging from science to culture and literature. In exploring issues of either construction or reconstruction (or the dialectics implied in both issues), we encourage speakers to propose papers examining “(re)constructions” in terms of culture and history as much as in terms of artistic and literary forms.
Paper may address (but are not limited to) the following aspects:
– Geographical constructions in the public/political spheres
– Cultural constructions and reconstructions in Britain’s relations to the Empire
– The (re)construction of the self through literary or artistic endeavours
– Literary construction and deconstruction and the birth of new genres, or new narratives as construction/destruction/reconstruction of specific forms
– (Re)constructions in political and ideological discourse
– (Re)constructions in scientific and biological discourse
– Social (re)constructions in education and the family (gender issues, children, etc.)
– The notion of (re)construction in architecture, town-planning or garden-planning.
The call for paper is now closed.
The programme will be published soon.